Advanced Installer 19.1 Release Notes
On January 20th, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.1 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The most recent release, which is also the first of the year, includes new features and improvements that continue to strengthen, improve, and assist software packers by providing them with a stable and mature tool.
With more than 41 enhancements and bug fixes, the Advanced Installer team has focused on improving the user experience, from adding new functionalities to reduce repetitive scenarios to replacing manual interventions with built-in dialogs.
Furthermore, we are pleased to announce that we kicked off the year 2022 with a webinar presentation on what has been included in Advanced Installer 2021 as well as our plans for the year 2022.
Check out the full webinar recording below, as well as the Advanced Installer 2021 Overview Datasheet.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- New option in Upgrades view: Generate GUIDs for all components
- New search type in the Extended Search Properties to detect installed APPX/MSIX versions
- New MSIX declarations: "User Data Accounts Provider", "Lock Screen Component"
- PowerShell automation support for Assemblies page
- Update "SQL Server OLE DB Driver 18" prerequisites to latest version 18.6.3
- Update "Visual C++ 2008 (Package ATL Security Update)" prerequisites
- Improved the loading time of the Extract Archive operation when saving registry entries
- Windows Firewall options for Public and Domain profiles
- Option to verify checksum for the "File Download" operation
- "Add to ignore list" option for registries and files to update the Repackager profile easily
- Notification message that informs you a custom action name has already been used when you start to name a new one
- Detect if the JSON target file is invalid and throw an error when a JSON update operation fails
- All languages are automatically upgraded when you add products to the list of releases that need to be upgraded
- Code signing certificate expiration warning
- Extract repackaging metadata informations for .vbs scripts
- Support for loading SVG images when using the Asset Generator
- XML(AIP) file format for Themes/Variations data
- UX improvement: remove the "Import Files" dialog when adding INI, XML, and JSON files to the project
- An incorrect list of language is displayed when changing builds
- View Readme File keeps ExitDialog in the background
- Error importing VS 2019 solution - encoding problem
- Crash when clicking on the "AI_EMBEDDED_FILES_LOCATION" property in the "Property" table
- WinUI - RadioButton issue when using multiple text lines
- WinUI issue - scrolling down on the License Agreement dialog does not enable the CheckBox
- WinUI issue - disable the attribute for Path Edit and EditBox is not working
- Generating MSI Diff when the option is not used
- Crash when building an MSIX package using a template with the project type "Architect"
- Fixed Updater UI on Custom DPI
- ODBC Datasource configuration is removed during a rollback
- The Vivid theme does not have a preview in project creation wizards
- "Accept and Install" is not correctly displayed on the Light theme
- Build fails when a refresh button and a scrollable are on the same dialog
- Progress bar width issue on the Surface theme
- Refresh the current dialog event changes translation of text control
- Analytics uninstall reports rejected by the web server when uninstalling (with Enhanced UI on) from Control Panel
- Installer Analytics custom action reports including square bracket characters rejected by our web server
- The checkbox "Use previous version's language" unchecks itself after saving the project
- Wrong property is displayed for "ExtractComboBoxData" custom action
- The clean operation does not delete prerequisites if "Store Feature-Based prerequisites in MSI database" is checked
- Fixed import of InstallShield project
- MSIX target platform is reverted to a predefined one when editing it manually
- In the Tomcat Web Application wizard, returning to "Add files to your project" causes a Stack Trace error
- Stack trace error is thrown when building a project that has chained prerequisites excluded from specific builds
- WiX setup project conversion fails with error opening file common.ail