The search operation is performed on the target machine only if the specified property is not set (other searches didn't set that property). In case of success, the property will be set.
When searching multiple criteria can be used:
- File Version - A version number extracted from a file is used to determine if the search will succeed. If you don't specify a minimum or maximum version, then the search will verify if the file exists.
- Registry key exists - The search will be successful if the specified registry key exists.
- Registry key does not exist - The search will be successful if the specified registry key is missing.
- Registry key sub-keys enumeration contains version - Sub-keys of the given registry key are enumerated. If the minimum version is not among these keys, the search will fail.
- Registry key sub-values enumeration contains version - Sub-values of the given registry value are enumerated. If the minimum version is not among these values the search will fail.
- Registry value exists - The search will be successful if the specified registry value exists.
- Registry value does not exist - The search will be successful if the specified registry value is missing.
- Registry value containing version - A version number extracted from a registry value will be verified.
- Registry value with a specified content - The result is given by the presence of a registry value with a certain content. You will be given the option to specify how the comparison is made.
- Component is installed - The search will be successful if a product with the specified component is installed.
- Product Version (identify by Product Code) - The search will be successful if a product with the specified Product Code and the appropriate version number is installed.
- Product Version (identify by Upgrade Code) - The search will be successful if a product with the specified Upgrade Code and the appropriate version number is installed.
File To Find/Registry Key or Value
This is helper string used in various criteria. Depending on the used criteria it may contain a file path, registry key or value, product code, upgrade code, etc.
When looking for a file, its path can be specified using Windows Installer Properties like [SystemFolder], [ProgramFilesFolder], [WindowsFolder], etc. Use the button to insert a reference to a folder or a registry entry.
In case of a file search the Edit Search String Dialog will be displayed allowing you to insert a reference to a folder, environment variable or registry value.
When searching for a file, if no path is specified, the search will be performed on all fix drives.
Specified how deep within the folder's subdirectories to search for a file.
Search the 64-bit portion of the registry
Check this if you want to search in the 64-bit registry section. The search will not be redirected to the 32-bit section, regardless of the package type.
The minimum version necessary for the search to be successful.
The maximum version necessary for the search to be successful.
If you are using as criteria the version number extracted from a file or a registry value you can leave both fields blank. In this case, Advanced Installer will check only the presence of that file or registry value.