Advanced Installer 19.2 Release Notes
On February 21st, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.2 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The new version of Advanced Installer comes with a new CI/CD integration: GitHub Actions.
Using Advanced Installer's official GitHub Action you can build MSI, EXE, and MSIX packages from any workflow.
Check the full list with all the CI/CD integrations for Advanced Installer.
There are three options you can use Advanced Installer's integration with GitHub Actions to automate the MSI building:
- using the Advanced Installer project (AIP)
- using PowerShell commands
- or building an Advanced Installer Visual Studio project (.AIPROJ)
The following video is a step-by-step tutorial that shows you how to build your MSI using GitHub Actions:
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- GitHub Actions Integration
- MSIX flexible virtualization
- Logon Trigger for a specific user (Scheduled Tasks)
- Powershell automation support for SQL Databases
- Synchronize folder at build time without saving files in the .AIP(project file)
- Support for VmLauncher to reconnect with the virtual machine after a system restart
- Major upgrades are now possible by default when using the fourth field in the "ProductVersion"
- UX improvements for when adding/configuring a JRE bundle
- Simplifications of custom frames - use the background's outer bound as a custom frame
- Extend the "SmartEdit" functionality over more UI fields
- Update .Net Framework wizard to have 4.5 version set as default
- Validate at build time whether the RTF file used on "LicenseAgreementDlg" is a valid RTF file
- UX improvements: Improved icons for Remove/Browse button icons in the Product Details page
- Improved the "AddFile" command to allow the user to create a new component for the added file automatically
- Improved pre-build validations for MSIX capabilities
- Support for dynamic content for "ProductVersion" property
- SQLite improvements: change the default path to "ProgramData"
- Localize automatically users and groups properties for install service accounts and shared folders permissions
- Generate scaled assets from SVG backgrounds
- Ability to reset theme dialog controls customizations
- Update ".NET 6.0" predefined prerequisites to latest version "6.0.2"
- Update ".NET 5.0" predefined prerequisites to latest version "5.0.14"
- ARM64 package type does not prompt with the 64-bit location of the Program Files
- Appxsym files are not imported
- Custom Action's action text is not displayed in dialog control
- The Windows Defender Firewall service cannot be enabled or disabled
- "InstallType" dialog adds an extra "\" to the resolved per-machine path
- Fixed the issue where the Repackager would not work when VMware Player and VMware VIX were installed side by side
- Project files are not displayed when editing an MSIX bundle
- The elevation shield is incorrectly displayed on the Install button for per-user installs (without EUI)
- Installation fails when there is a chained package that has a false install condition
- "Invalid class string" error occurs when trying to edit an MSI
- The uninstall fails when the "AI_AiRestoreDeferred" custom action is executed
- Scheduled task description is not reflected in Task Scheduler after installation
- Package Logos are not correctly generated/interpreted when editing an MSIX package
- The MSIX Optional Package’s default package ID clashes with the target package ID
- "DefaultBuild" value is changed if you navigate in the "Themes" list
- The "Log File" is not displayed if the "Show Log" option is checked after installation fails
- Using the "Go To Definition" option in "Find Result" redirects to the old page for Properties
- Space available on drive is not updated on "FolderDlg" and "CustomizeDlg" - Azure theme
- Current table changes are not refreshed when redoing the MSI diff
- "EstimatedSize" registry installation fails with error 1406 on maintenance mode
- Patch creation fails if "Target" and "Upgraded" images contain chained prerequisites
- "SetSig" does not work if the digital signature option was not previously enabled in the project