Advanced Installer 19.3 Release Notes
On March 21st, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.3 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
We are so excited about our new Github Actions integration that we can't help it.
This month was known as the Github Actions month. Use Advanced Installer's integration to automate your software workflow and develop, test, and deploy pipelines more efficiently.
Check it out in action in our dedicated webinar, and send us feedback at support at advancedinstaller dot com or by opening a Github Issue.
In addition to that, numerous enhancements and bug fixes have been included. Take a look at them below.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Support for Active Setup mechanism
- New Shortcuts view page
- New option for creating desktop shortcuts from MSIX packages
- Improved execution time when browsing for extended validation certificates
- New command-line to delete all updates from the Updater project
- MSIX Modification/Optional Package - show virtualized files and registries
- New extended search "Folder sub-folders enumeration contains version"
- Support for localizing "Display message box" and "Display error message" buttons
- Update the installed conditions for ".NET Desktop Runtime" prerequisites
- Update ".NET Core Runtime 3.1" predefined prerequisites to latest version: 3.1.22
- Update "Apache Tomcat 8.5" predefined prerequisite to the latest version 8.5.77
- Update "Apache Tomcat 9" predefined prerequisites to the latest version 9.0.60
- Predefined launch condition for "Java Development Kit 17"
- Predefined prerequisite for "Apache Tomcat 10.0"
- Fixed WinUI CheckBox control align issue
- Scheduled tasks with multiple triggers are not converted correctly
- Folder shortcut target property is changed after MSI import
- Crash on edit MSI if delete some files
- Repackager fails when using a Virtual Machine from a remote Hyper-v server
- Application Folder is not updated when a COM reference is added in WinFormApp - Visual Studio extension
- When External UI is enabled, the "FileCopy" action takes a long time
- Cannot build a project that contains tiles
- Wrong default size for newly added dialog controls on certain DPIs
- Wrong default values when adding new extended searches
- FastCGI application mappings - incorrect application is uninstalled
- Flags are not applied on files when set in a merge module
- Fixed issue to not prompt for generating a new "ProductCode" when importing .RPK
- The "Install folder content into the parent folder" option cannot be set in a mixed package
- Edit transform file breaks the setup installation
- Signing MSIX fails on Windows versions that do not support it
- Crash when adding a reference to a folder
- Crash after removing persistent property flag for a property hosted on a deleted dialog
- Expanding a field in an XML Locator leads to visual inconsistency
- "ExitDialog" background issue when upgrading/uninstalling on Windows Server 2019
- Files are not removed from the prerequisite's extraction folder after a basic/silent install
- The Updater appends extra characters in the license id URL post parameter sent to the license check web server