Advanced Installer 19.4 Release Notes
On April 26th, 2022 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 19.4 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Advanced Installer 19.4 brings you a new built-in functionality to help you automate the process of adding context menu items to your application.
You no longer need to go to the Registry Editor to add or edit keys and values manually.
Now, you can quickly and easily add a context menu item to your application through the Advanced Installer's GUI without navigating to its corresponding registry.
For a quick demo, check the video below.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Configure Windows Explorer context menu entries
- Resume installation after reboot during the upgrade process
- Installer Analytics: support for custom properties logging
- Non-MSIX runtimes dependencies
- Support for declaring MSIX packages as prerequisites in an MSI/EXE setup
- Support creation of MSIX Framework packages
- PowerShell automation support for "Install MSIX/APPX Package" custom action
- Security Improvements for the Auto-Updater (Custom EXE and Downloading updates improvements)
- Improved MSIX/APPX criteria search in Updates Configuration Project
- Support for converting SVG images to WinUI format
- Option to generate ReleaseNotes.txt file in the Updates Configuration Project
- Automatic selection based on user's rights when installing an application
- "AppUserModelID" support for "MsiShortcutProperty" table
- Check missing resources when running the Repackager from the command-line
- Command-line support to configure the Updater Notifications
- Repackager improvements: import empty folders in the project
- Mark system resources as a "Permanent"- per-feature option
- Control/context dependent properties in XAML files
- Updated Czech strings for the Updater
- Updated Italian dictionary
- Support QWORD registry value in the "Registry" page
- Shortcuts for adding files with specific extensions to the list of files configured for signing
- "IFolderSync" does not work if using an existing folder from the project
- Stack Trace appears after deleting one folder in a specific project
- Unexpected crash when making Cut & Paste registry operations
- "MessageBox" custom action is not rendered correctly using version 19.3
- Registration of application fails if firewall service is disabled
- Stack Trace error is thrown when using CTRL+F after changing views
- The predefined templates from the start page (Developers -> Installer -> Templates) are not displayed
- Graphite theme - disabled button is not rendered correctly on Windows 11
- The "MsiShortcutProperty" table is not imported
- Bootstrapper cleanup is done before the update is launched
- "DefaultBuild" package type is changed to EXE when "Display language selection dialog" is used for another build
- Repackager client running in Virtual Machine fails to add a share for an already existing shared network location
- RTF file is not validated when using path variables
- Revoking permissions fails because of the" AI_PrepareRevokePermissions" action sequence
- WinUI - Checkbox align issue inside Feature selection control
- "ProgramMenuFolder" redirected to the wrong location if a per-machine/per-user package is installed per-user
- The deferred main actions installation progress fills before files are copied when the Windows Features are installed
- Error when quick editing an MSI and altering the content from "Dialogs View"
- Changed the name of the "Display a child dialog while a condition is true" control event
- Error reported with sound on entering Digital Signature view
- Shortcuts per feature are not installed/uninstalled on Modify action when using "ShortcutsDlg"