Advanced Installer 6.1 Release Notes
On December 18th, 2007 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 6.1 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Starting with the 6.1 version you can create unified 32/64-bit installers for simpler deployment and lower maintenance costs. The installers run as 32-bit on 32-bit platforms and as 64-bit on 64-bit platforms.
The ability to configure the Windows Firewall is now fully supported. Make the firewall configuration seamless for your users. Add your application to the exception list during installation, and remove it from the exception list during uninstallation.
Jump-start your installer by importing your existing Visual Studio project. Advanced Installer will auto-detect all your names, components, resources and dependencies, quickly creating the corresponding setup.
- Mixed 32/64-bit installers
- Configuring the Windows Firewall
- Importing Microsoft Visual Studio projects and solutions
- Bootstrapper customization of background image, welcome text and optional EULA
- Custom CAB archive size and number of CABs per volume
- Automatically split CABs when reaching the 64k files per CAB limit
- Ability to associate more than one program with a file extension
- Fast Search operations creation by selecting existing file and extracting data
- Improved matching algorithm for synchronized folders
- Support paths relative to the project language path in dictionaries
- Support Prerequisites with the same name
- Pseudo Formatted file names
- Patch Sequence view content not saved in some cases
- Updater timeout on slow internet connection
- Crash converting MediaAttributes for projects older than 5.0
- Missing cursor in Application Folder field after adding property
- Per Build install location value is lost if the build is renamed
- Error creating Shortcuts with the same name as the file
- Cache not invalidated by product version for java products
- Allow same name for source and destination in file Copy/Move operations
- Issue with multi-language MSMs and "Create only a multilingual package" option
- Crash when adding an invalid icon to JavaProduct or Updater
- Build failure when using properties in the ClassPath for a Mac build
- Patch Sequence Family rename is not working
- Default language cache entries (or archives) are not deleted when selecting "Create only a multilingual package"
- Some component members were not moved to another component when theirs was deleted