Advanced Installer 13.1 Release Notes
On July 19th, 2016 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 13.1 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The Anniversary Update for Windows 10 is getting closer. Along with it we are working on Advanced Installer to get you ready.
Evaluating Visual Studio 15? Advanced Installer brings in full support to import your VS 15 solutions and also to use our VS extension in Visual Studio 15.
App-V will be included as a Windows feature starting this summer and its adoption rate is growing each day. Advanced Installer 13.1 introduces package content validation for unsupported resources in App-V 5.x and automatic fixes. You can see this in action in the following video.
Repackaging is the most common job in many IT departments, that is why we focus to make it more easier and reliable for all of our users by introducing our new Repackager Quality Assessment.
- App-V package content validation - detection of unsupported resources (drivers ...)
- Automatic fixes for App-V packages: store OS driver resources in a separate companion MSI package
- Repackager QA: compare output with original package
- Import Visual Studio "15" Preview projects
- Advanced Installer Extension for Visual Studio "15" Preview
- Software Environment Reports for Installer Analytics
- Basic content validation for UWP AppX packages
- Automatically open project reports right after they are generated
- /NewPrerequisite and /UpdatePrerequisite commands also apply to feature-based and post-install
- Check for updates before installation wrongly downloads the updates setup files
- UCS-2 encoding for pre-install updates
- Updated "Adobe Flash Player 18 ESR" prerequisites to latest version 220.127.116.110
- Updated "Apache Tomcat 8.0" prerequisite to latest version 8.0.36
- Updated "Apache Tomcat 7.0" prerequisite to latest version 7.0.70
- Updated "Java 8" prerequisites to latest version 8u91
- Updated "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" prerequisites to version "Update 3"
- Updated "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013" prerequisites to version "Update 5"
- UWP AppX build always included the trial message
- Some launch conditions failed in conjunction with Installer Analytics when upgrading to version 13.0
- Fixed crash on conversion from MSI package to App-V package
- Misleading error at build for Updates Configuration project, when the target file was missing
- Prevent directories from different merge modules to be merged into the same folder - MSI QuickEdit
- "Pin to taskbar" shortcut option didn't work on Windows 10
- Fixed crash when copy/paste-ing large XML files
- Fixed prerequisites install condition for 32-bit OSes - it wrongly included the corresponding 64-bit one
- Advanced Installer Extension for Visual Studio
- Fixed Visual Studio "ResolveAssemblyReferences" misleading error
- "PropertyGroup" entries got duplicated in .AIPROJ during project save
- Permissions' changes were not applied to subfolders when using the "Apply to subfolders" option
- Everyone and Administrators groups were not localized if "Keep existing permissions" was enabled
- Fixed error when appending permissions to a registry key that was skipped
- Advanced Installer crashed when searching for a missing registry in the Registry page
- Importing some REG files with non-ASCII characters occasionally corrupted projects
- Fixed "Extract registration info from native library" option conflict with Internet Explorer
- Drivers were incorrectly processed when importing RPK
- Reduced the number of empty registry keys (Name="+") generated after RPK import
- Repackager could not connect on Hyper-V guest instance when Legacy Network Adapter was used
- Fixed file parse error in Repackager if no issue was detected while checking the machine state