Advanced Installer 14.1 Release Notes
On June 27th, 2017 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 14.1 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Back in June 2007, we launched version 5.0 of Advanced Installer that marked the debut of our Repackager. Fast forward 10 years and now the Repackager has built-in support to connect to remote Hyper-V machines, taking your packaging process to the next level.
Check out the video below to see the new repackager and don't miss our 50% discount for the Architect edition, the offer expires in two weeks.
We're not done, many more improvements were included too, along the with usual tweaking around the existing features from Advanced Installer. Check out the full list below.
- Support for repackaging on remote Hyper-V VMs
- Windows Store and UWP apps Firewall Rules declarations
- Predefined launch condition for "Windows Server 2008 SP2"
- Predefined launch condition for "Windows 10 Anniversary Update"
- Predefined launch condition for "Windows 10 Creators Update"
- Predefined launch condition for ".NET Framework 4.7"
- Predefined prerequisites for ".NET Framework 4.7"
- Predefined prerequisites for "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017"
- Generating Project and Repackager summary reports
- Windows Store and UWP apps KindMap support for File Type Association declarations
- UWP apps support for current working directory and run mode
- UWP apps support to install custom fonts
- Importing Tiles after repackaging
- Highlight matched Windows Features when searching through available features list
- Remember file permissions after upgrade when "Do not overwrite existing file" option is enabled for that file
- Option to show updates install summary even when all updates get installed successfully
- "Clear" button for filter and search edit controls
- Current version of Advanced Installer Extension for VS did not support builds removal
- Fixed duplicating project configuration on project loading in Advanced Installer Extension for VS
- "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error was thrown when trying to add the output of a makefile C++ project in Advanced Installer Extension for VS
- Updating Advanced Installer VS extension UI when changing the solution platform
- IIS web application identity could not be set using custom properties
- IIS AppPool .NET CLR version could not be set to "No Managed Code"
- EUI wasn't handling empty properties correctly when set from the command line on a silent install
- Fixed administrative install when using EUI
- Installer was corrupted when adding two extensions with the same name in a 32/64-bit mixed package
- The 32-bit CAB was not created when building 32/64-bit mixed packages with "One CAB archive per feature"
- CABs for merge modules were not created when building 32/64-bit mixed packages
- Default application folder path was not updated when changing the package type from 32/64-bit mixed package type
- Advanced Installer 14.0.1 failed to create transforms
- MSI name was not updated when it contained ProductVersion
- Feature install states were not kept for migrated features during upgrade
- Disabled start time was set when installing a version 2 scheduled task
- Multi-language package rebooted machine automatically in certain scenario
- Emphasize and mark CAB name mismatch as warning in patch build log
- Uninstall failed to elevate UAC permissions correctly
- Pre-install prerequisite used wrong UI command line level
- The "Skip" button was not displayed on the pre-install "Check for updates" dialog
- Installation failed when default control was missing on a dialog
- Fixed CRC error for "SQL Server Express 2016 (web installer)" predefined prerequisite