Advanced Installer 4.8 Release Notes
On March 6th, 2007 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 4.8 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The 4.8 version delivers full CD/DVD AutoRun support, complete with a Vista-compliant Autorun launcher. Other Windows Vista installer improvements are Default Programs support, digitally signing patches and enabling least-privileged patching without UAC prompts.
JAR files can now be packed using Pack200. Coupled with the advanced LZMA compression, this method can reduce the size of compressed code archives to as low as 20% of the original size. The Java launcher gains the ability to use the Java 6 native splash screen API, if available.
Searching for prerequisites is greatly improved with the ability to specify multiple criteria concerning file versions, product versions, registry keys or values and even searching with a custom executable.
- CD/DVD AutoRun support
- Support for digitally signing patches
- Enabling least-privileged user account patching without UAC prompt on Vista
- Windows Vista Default Programs support
- For Java: support for Pack200 compression yielding over 80% JAR file size reduction
- For Java: support for Java 6 native splash screen
- Additional prerequisite search options
- Added support for displaying PatchWiz v4.0 log in build log
- Partial translations (MSI strings only) in 7 new languages: Korean, Finnish, Greek, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish and Turkish
- Extended Pseudo Formatted fields support to Patch projects
- Default values for Digital Signature fields, also made Pseudo Formatted
- Fall back on the MSI name when creating an EXE for a package with bundled JRE
- Passing arguments for the application launched at the end of installation
- Updates projects: keep URL, name and version when browsing to another update file
- Error when embedding prerequisites also created with Advanced Installer
- Directories referenced were delete-able from Files View
- DLL registration in merge modules failed
- On custom installs, the features tree (CustomizeDlg) did not display the features states according to the MigrateFeatureStates results
- Take into consideration the "No Prefix" flag for StaticText controls in the Dialog Editor