Advanced Installer 12.1 Release Notes
On May 19th, 2015 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 12.1 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
The 12.1 release brings a new set of reports available in your Installer Analytics dashboard. Now you can see how your users uninstall or upgrade your application, which version they are using, the errors they encounter and many more parameters that you can use to fine-tune your application.
We have not forgotten your feature requests either, so now we are glad to announce our dedicated support for appending permissions on existing installation folders, extending the native support.
- Installer Analytics new report
- Uninstall and Upgrade
- Support appending permissions to existing folders/registry during installations
- Import Windows Firewall rules
- Command line option to add/delete "File Associations"
- Predefined prerequisite for "IIS URL Rewrite Module"
- Windows Firewall port restrictions for application rules
- Option to start / stop Windows Firewall services
- Filter results from a database browse operation
- Added "InstallTypeDlg" dialog in the Simple project type (Freeware edition)
- IIS Custom Properties definitions for URL Rewrite rules
- Added option in repackager for importing XML files in XML format or as regular files
- Ability to import existing project files as structured XML, INI or shortcuts
- Configurable error handling for updater license check
- Detect updates outside license maintenance when checking for updates in justcheck mode
- Option to use format specifiers in the "Replace" field of Text Updates
- Updated "Adobe Flash Player 13 ESR" prerequisites to latest version 18.104.22.1681
- Updated "Adobe AIR" prerequisite to latest version 22.214.171.124
- Updated "MySQL Server" prerequisites to latest version 5.5.43
- Updated "Apache Tomcat 7" prerequisite to latest version 7.0.61
- Updated "Apache Tomcat 8" prerequisite to latest version 8.0.21
- Concurrent Advanced Installer client instances failed to acquire the floating license from License Server
- "Uninstall/Change" option from Product Details page was not working
- "Edit file source per build" option was disabled
- COM registration registries were not extracted on Windows XP
- Fixed Visual Studio Import wizard error
- "Run in VM" option was not allowed for "New Transform" projects
- App-V builds without file shortcuts crashed at build time
- Advanced Installer crashed when trying to sign EXE setups with a certificate whose issuer was not found
- UAC was launched in the background behind the UI installer dialogs when "Run as admin" option for "Launch File" custom actions was enabled
- Advanced Installer crashed when trying to remove an SKU item
- IIS was required on machine even when all sites were skipped by their condition
- Original configuration was not restored when an error occurred during Windows features configuration
- Windows features installation failed when using multiple bundles targeting the same feature
- Fixed unnecessary checks for IIS Windows features when no IIS entity is selected for installation
- "UpdateFeatureInstallState" custom action did not work correctly with feature-based prerequisites
- "Preserve key content" option was not working