Advanced Installer 12.5 Release Notes
On October 21st, 2015 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 12.5 in Free, Professional, Java, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Reduce your support costs with better testing. Virtual Machines are the perfect candidate for fast and efficient testing and now even for debugging your installers, using our new support for MSI logging in VMs.
It is all about saving your time and the best way for us to help you do that is with more pre-configured prerequisites and command lines that can be used to set up your own custom automated builds.
Installer Analytics gives a voice to your users with the new ability to include an Uninstall Survey in your installer. With just a single click you can engage with your users and receive valuable feedback that will help you increase your retention rates. Watch the video and see how it works.
- Run and Log when testing in VM
- Uninstall Survey report in Installer Analytics
- "/ImportMsi" command line
- "/ImportMsm" command line
- Predefined launch conditions for "IIS 10"
- Predefined launch condition for "JRE 1.8"
- Predefined launch condition for ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1"
- Predefined launch condition for "SQL Server Express 2012 SP2"
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server Express 2012 SP2"
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server Express LocalDB 2012 SP2"
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server Express with Tools 2012 SP2"
- Predefined prerequisites for "SQL Server Express with Tools 2014"
- Predefined conditions for installed software
- Support for removing XML elements on install
- Support to search element text by XML element name
- Extended Path Variables support for paths referenced within AIP projects
- Automatically detect identifier XML attributes for update operations
- Option for using PVAD on App-V 5.x packages(VFS-ed by default)
- Operation of sharing a component between features is more visible
- Option to hide Updater dialog right after the update installation package is downloaded and launched
- Dropped support for deprecated "/m checknow" and "/m silent" Updater command lines
- Preserve permissions on persistent files
- Search in domain support for "Check if user exists" custom action
- In-depth project references search for Visual Studio Extension
- Support for Visual Studio Extension GUI to match the Visual Studio theme
- Silent support for "/ImportRepack" command line
- New parameter to add description for "File Associations" command line
- Optional always install support for "New Prerequisite" command line
- Updated "Adobe AIR" prerequisite to latest version 18.104.22.168
- Updated "Adobe Flash Player 18 ESR" prerequisites to new major version 22.214.171.124
- Updated "SQL Server Native Client 2012" prerequisites to SP2
- Fixed minor spelling issue in Drivers page
- Fixed error when renaming a path variable used by Product Details icon
- Project modifications were ignored when the messages board was accessed from the toolbar
- Fixed creating installer properties from the Table Editor page
- Fixed error when appending permissions for registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER with Admin privileges
- IIS Windows Feature activation failed on Windows 10 when also activating NetFx3
- SKUs didn't work for multiple builds that didn't include all project features
- Visual Studio Extension could not locate the projects references after moving a project
- "Save system snapshots to disk after installation capture is completed" option state was not persistent when navigating through repackager wizard
- No current Repackager profile was set when previous active profile could not be loaded
- Certain App-V packages failed to be deployed on Windows 10 with App-V 5.1 client
- Fixed problems when importing/converting certain App-V 4.x packages
- Fixed "/DeleteUpdate" command malfunction
- "/SetOutputLocation" command line didn't accept network location paths
- Control Panel applet was missing when using "MSI from EXE(s)" project type
- Prerequisites extract folder was always redirected to "C:\" when running under SYSTEM account
- Fixed launch conditions and prerequisites list for all project wizards