Advanced Installer 13.3 Release Notes
On October 31st, 2016 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 13.3 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
Get more users, publish your Win32/.NET application in the Windows Store, in just a few days.
The latest release of Advanced Installer brings you support to package NanoServer (WSA) applications directly from your existing projects. If you don't have a project, you can create one for any installer you have, using our converter, as shown below.
We're not done, many more improvements to support the latest Windows Server 2016 were included too, along the with usual tweaking around the existing features from Advanced Installer.
- Support for building Nano Server WSA packages from existing MSI projects
- Updated support for UWP AppX builds to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition
- Windows Features Bundle support for "Windows Server 2016"
- Predefined launch condition for "Windows Server 2016"
- Predefined prerequisites
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012 SP3
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2014 SP2
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2015 Runtime
- PowerShell 5.0
- Exporting registry files
- SQL Scripts and SQL Queries support in MSM projects
- Support for importing App-V 4.6 packages from command line
- Logging for "Set Log on as a service policy for selected username" option from Services page
- Support to detect circle dependencies when scanning EXE/DLL files
- New rule in MSI Conflicts Detector tool: "Check for files that can be replaced with a merge module"
- Updated "Java 8" prerequisites to latest version 8u111
- Support "TargetFamily" per UWP build
- Extracting high resolution icons from EXE files for UWP packages
- TweakAppV / App-V CLI editor
- Adding script files to App-V 5 packages
- Updating existing files in App-V packages
- Updating App-V package version
- Build broke if special characters were used for SQL connections and script names
- CAT files from WinSxS assemblies were not captured when repackaging with Process Monitor activated
- Launch condition failed for App-V packages after Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- , and buttons always displayed when using MessageBox predefined custom action
- Registry key removal operation failed
- Advanced Installer Extension for Visual Studio
- Duplicate files were allowed in Files and Folders page
- Now maintaining project folder structure after output detection
- Pre-install updater was reset when saving the project from Prerequisites page
- Dependent update got installed even if its dependency failed
- Custom EXE search for feature-based prerequisites was executed twice when Enhanced UI was activated
- AI_MISSING_PREREQS property was not set when skipping a pre-install prerequisite on install
- Feature-based prerequisites were installed on OSs that were not checked in the "Supported Windows Versions" list
- UAC dialog for a second Framework prerequisite did not appear when cancelling the first one