In the “Localization” dialog box you can set if and how a single project element will be localized in other languages. Each localizable project element will then have a “Localization...” item in the context menu or a button next to it.
The translation settings for each localizable project element can be specified in a number of ways:
- Inherit global settings (default) - will use the coarse granularity selection from the Localization Options Dialog.
- Never translate the string - even if globally we have selected the project segment for translation.
- Always translate the string - even if globally we have not selected the project segment for translation.
To translate a string, it must be found in one of the Translation Dictionaries. The search is done by a unique identifier. This is called the Localization Identifier. Advanced Installer gives you the choice to:
- leave it automatically generated (recommended)
- specify it yourself (useful if you want to use a dictionary with custom IDs)
- Localized Strings
Using Localized Strings