The Repackager lets you convert your application installer into a new packaging format (MSI, MSIX/APPX, APP-V). The repackaging operation consists of taking an initial snapshot of the system before you install your application and one after, then the results are imported into an Advanced Installer project where you can begin to customize the new installer.
The repackaging operation doesn't modify your application.
Overview of the repackaging operation:
- Select your installer
- Customize the repackaging operation
- The Repackager launches the installer on your local machine or a VM and captures the changes done to the system
- The results are saved as a session
- Import the session results into Advanced Installer and start customizing the new installer(s)
- Build and create the new installer(s)
See the Repackager Tutorial for more details.
- Repackage and Import
Repackage installations; import installers and installer projects.
- Repackaging Best Practices
Best practices when using the Repackager
- Session Properties
Configure a session
- Check Machine State
Machine State dialog
- Repository Manager
Share resources between multiple projects
- Edit Capture Profiles
Edit installation capture profiles.
- Edit VM Profiles
Editing the profiles used for the installation in VM.