The following article uses options that are available starting with the Enterprise edition and project type.
Some fields in your installation package's dialogs may need to be filled in order to run the install successfully. You can make sure the end-user will fill a field by using a spawn dialog and the property of the field.
For an edit box control which has the property MY_EDIT, you can follow these steps:
1. Go to the Dialogs page and create a custom dialog (or modify an existing one)
2. On the custom dialog, create an edit box control
3. While the edit box is selected, set the Property Name field in the Properties pane to MY_EDIT
4. Select the Next button on your custom dialog
5. Go to the Published Events tab and click on the "New" button
6. Scroll down the control events list and double click the Display a specific child dialog control event
7. Set its argument to <NewDialog>
8. Set its condition to NOT MY_EDIT (the control event will only run if the "MY_EDIT" property is empty)
Use the "Down" button to move this new published event the LAST ONE in the list of events, otherwise it will not work correctly
9. In "First Time Install" tree find and expand the dialog, you will see under it a "SpawnDialog" which you can edit as desired, e.g. change text, remove/rename buttons (this is the dialog that will appear when the field is empty)