How-to for configuring the package and the installed application.
- Files and Folders
How-to for configuring files and folders.
- Services and Processes
How-to for configuring services and processes.
- Custom Actions
How-to for configuring specific custom actions.
- Secure Property
How-tos for securing a property in an application.
- Create a log
How to create an installation log.
- Implement software identification
How to enable the software identification tag.
- Restart the machine after the installation
How to restart the machine after the installation.
- Make the package install per-user or per-machine
How to make the package install per-user or per-machine.
- Add HKCU registry entries or per-user files for all
How to install per user resources.
- Create MSI wrapper over EXE installers
How to create an MSI wrapper over EXE installers.
- Create a silent installation package
How to create a silent installation package.
- Installing multiple instances from the command line
How to install multiple instances from the command line with examples.
- Single-click run my application from its installation
How to create a basic installation package that always launches the application.
- Install resources based on the OS version
How to install resources based on the Operating System version.
- Configure server-side serial number validation
How to configure server-side serial number validation.
- Validate serial number during Wizard Dialogs Stage
How to validate the serial number only during Wizard Dialogs Stage.
- Collect installation data and send it to a web
How to collect installation data and send it to a web server.
- Implement self-healing into the application
How to implement self-healing into the application.
- Installing Driver
How to install a driver.
- Installing drivers in mixed packages
How to install drivers in mixed packages.
- Sideload APPX using an MSI
How to sideload an APPX package using an MSI.
- Deploying a Python script
How to deploy and run a Python script.
- Deploy certificates required by Office 2010
How to deploy a certificate needed by Office 2010.
- Installing Screen Saver
How to install a screen saver.
- Windows Restart Manager
How to add support for Windows Restart Manager to an application.
- Create a chained installation
How to create a chained installation.
- Create an Access Database installer
How to create an installer for an Access Database.
- Create a web-based installation package.
How to create a web-based installation package.
- Install Add-in Express Office COM
How to install an Express Office Add-in.
- Using the localized user and group names
How to use the localized user and group names.
- Using Advanced Installer TFS support
How to use TFS support in Advanced Installer.
- Launch application at logon/startup
How to launch application at logon/startup
- How 32-bit setup packages behave on 64-bit machines
How does a 32-bit setup package behave on a 64-bit machines?
- Conditionally install a prerequisite based on the user
A step by step tutorial describing how to conditionally install a prerequisite based on the user selection.
- Select multiple components in the Organization view
How to select multiple components in the Organization view.
- Create updates with a repackaged application
Create compatible updates with a repackaged application
- Set the Publisher ID for a UWP AppX
How to correctly set the Publisher ID for a UWP AppX
- Distribute Windows Updates among the installer
How to configure the installer to support Windows Updates (.msu) files distribution
- Configure help setup package among the installer
How to configure help setup package within the installer
- Localize a project segment
How to localize certain segments of my project