How-to for configuring the package and the installed application.
- Files and Folders
How-to for configuring files and folders.
- Services and Processes
How-to for configuring services and processes.
- Custom Actions How Tos
How-to for configuring specific custom actions.
- Secure Property
How-tos for securing a property in an application.
- Create a log
How to create an installation log.
- Load installer property from configuration file
How to load installer property from configuration file
- Pass configuration file for prerequisite
How to pass a configuration file for a prerequisite
- Implement software identification
How to enable the software identification tag.
- Restart the machine after the installation
How to restart the machine after the installation.
- Make the package install per-user or per-machine
How to make the package install per-user or per-machine.
How to create a registry search
- Add HKCU registry entries or per-user files for all
How to install per user resources.
- Create MSI wrapper over EXE installers
This article teaches you how to create an MSI wrapper over EXE Installers. Advanced Installer is an affordable solution for software packagers!
- MSI Package Silent Install - How do I create one?
Our guide will show you how to create a silent MSI installation package and, this way, have an application silently installed on your station.
- Installing multiple instances from the command line
How to install multiple instances from the command line with examples.
- Single-click run my application from its installation
How to create a basic installation package that always launches the application.
- Install resources based on the OS version
How to install resources based on the Operating System version.
- Configure server-side serial number validation
How to configure server-side serial number validation.
- Validate serial number during Wizard Dialogs Stage
How to validate the serial number only during Wizard Dialogs Stage.
- Collect installation data and send it to a web
How to collect installation data and send it to a web server.
- Implement self-healing into the application
How to implement self-healing into the application.
- Installing Driver
How to install a driver.
- Installing drivers in mixed packages
How to install drivers in mixed packages.
- Sideload APPX using an MSI
How to sideload an APPX package using an MSI.
- Deploying a Python script
How to deploy and run a Python script.
- Deploy certificates required by Office 2010
How to deploy a certificate needed by Office 2010.
- Installing Screen Saver
How to install a screen saver.
- Windows Restart Manager
How to add support for Windows Restart Manager to an application.
- Create a chained installation
With Advanced Installer you can create a chained installation that help you to install multiple msi packages through a single install process.
- Create an Access Database installer
How to create an installer for an Access Database.
- Create a web-based installation package.
How to create a web-based installation package.
- Install Add-in Express based Office add-ins
How to install Add-in Express based Office add-ins
- Launch application at logon/startup
How to launch application at logon/startup
- How 32-bit setup packages behave on 64-bit machines
How does a 32-bit setup package behave on a 64-bit machines?
- Conditionally install a prerequisite based on the user
A step by step tutorial describing how to conditionally install a prerequisite based on the user selection.
- Select multiple components in the Organization view
How to select multiple components in the Organization view.
- Create updates with a repackaged application
Create compatible updates with a repackaged application
- Set the Publisher ID for a UWP AppX
How to correctly set the Publisher ID for a UWP AppX
- Distribute Windows Updates among the installer
How to configure the installer to support Windows Updates (.msu) files distribution
- Configure help setup package among the installer
How to configure help setup package within the installer
- Localize a project segment
How to localize certain segments of my project
- How to have a property with different default value for each
How to have a property with different default value for each build of your installer project
- Launch a certain application from an APPX package after
How to launch a certain application contained by an APPX package after installation?
- Create AppInstaller file for MSIX packages.
How to create an AppInstaller file for an MSIX package?
- Instal and configure COMs.
How to install and configure a COM?
- Azure Active Directory - registering Advanced Installer for
Device Guard Signing.
How to register Advanced Installer for Device Guard Signing on Azure Active Directory?
- EV Code Signing in Advanced Installer
This article will explain how to use the USB eToken for an Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate
- Detect applications that keep files in use at install
This article will explain how find which applications keep files in use at install time.
- Add merge modules to your project.
How to install a merge module along with your package?
- Build Microsoft Store distribution and sideloading distribution MSIX packages with a
single build operation
How to generate separate MSIX builds to be deployed on both your website and Microsoft Store with a single build operation.
- Import an MSIX built with Visual Studio
How to import an MSIX built with Visual Studio into an .AIP Project?
- Configuring Azure Code Signing or Digicert Keylocker
How to use the custom sign option to digitally sign your package with tools like Azure Code Signing or Digicert Keylocker?
- Run powershell script to populate a CheckList
Running a PowerShell script allows us to retrieve and populate a CheckList with specific values. See our exact guide on how to do this!
- Convert COM registration from MSI to MSIX.
Convert your COM registration from MSI to MSIX, and vice versa, effortlessly. This guide provides all you need for a smooth transition.