The following article uses options that are available starting with the Enterprise edition and project type.
In order to display the remaining time a Static Text control must be used which will be subscribed to the TimeRemaining event published by Windows Installer. As an example we will display the remaining time for the current install progress.
The following steps must be taken:
- Select the ProgressDlg dialog in the “Install Sequence” tree.
- Use the toolbar button to add a new Static Text control.
- Select the Subscribed Events tab in the “Control” pane.
- Use the Edit Event Mapping Dialog will be displayed. button to subscribe the control to an event. The
- Configure the control subscription as follows:
|Subscribe to||Display action data during install|
|Attribute to set||TimeRemaining|