In this dialog, you can edit the properties of a new link or change the properties of an already existing one.
Specify the path to the link's target file.
Specify the type of the link:
- Hard link to File
- Creates a link of type Hard link to File. A hard link is the file system representation of a file by which more than one path references a single file in the same volume.
- Symbolic Link to File
- Creates a link of type Symbolic Link to File. This represents a file-system object that points to another file.
- Symbolic Link to Directory
- Creates a link of type Symbolic Link to Directory. This represents a file-system object that points to a directory.
- Directory Junction
- Creates a link of type Junction. A junction (or a soft link) is almost identical to a hard link, the difference being that the objects it references are separate directories, and it can link directories located on different local volumes on the same computer.
- The component which will contain the link. When this component is installed the link is created. Also, the link is removed when the component is uninstalled.