This page allows you to configure the prerequisite files.
A prerequisite package can be retrieved from one of the following locations:
- Use files from disk - this option allows you to specify an installation file on the disk that will be added to your installation package files. Additional prerequisite files can also be selected.
- Download single file from URL - this option allows you to specify a URL which points to the prerequisite setup file. You can use the installation package exact size and MD5 signature to verify if the prerequisite is downloaded correctly or not. This option supports only single-file prerequisites. You cannot select additional files.
- Open website in default Internet browser - this option will allow the user to browse the specified website and select the prerequisite version that he wants to install. In this case, the prerequisite wizard will wait until the user clicks "Finish" button in the wizard before verifying if the prerequisite was installed correctly or not.
Main Setup File
This field lets you specify the exact path, URL or website address which contains the prerequisite installation package. The URL field can be PseudoFormatted Type or Formatted Type (for Feature-based prerequisites only).
Use the Edit PseudoFormatted Type Dialog.button to edit the URL using the
The folder name specifies the location where the prerequisite files will be extracted for installation. This is a path relative to the Application Data folder.
For online prerequisites this field is ignored. The download folder is computed automatically during installation to guarantee that there are no conflicts between prerequisites.
This field is used extensively for our Predefined Prerequisites to specify a local download folder and an optional custom file name like this:
If the “?FILE” construction is missing (just the “DIRECTORY” name is specified), the download file name from URL is used automatically.
Save return value in this property
This field holds the name of the property in which the prerequisite installer will store its return value. You can use this property during the install process of your main MSI.
This field is forced to uppercase characters due to the fact that only public properties set during Wizard Dialogs Stage will be passed to Install Execution Stage.
In this list you can add additional files required by your prerequisite.
You can specify additional files for your prerequisite by using theand buttons.
Only files that are in the primary setup file folder or one of its sub-folders can be added.
The selected file can be removed from the list by usingbutton.
Enable integrity check for an online prerequisite.
In this field you can specify the exact size of the prerequisite installation package. This size is used by the EXE bootstrapper to determine if the prerequisite was downloaded correctly.
This field contains the MD5 signature of the prerequisite installation package. After the prerequisite is downloaded the bootstrapper calculates its MD5 signature. If its the same as the MD5 signature you specify in this field then the prerequisite was downloaded correctly. If not, the user is notified.
You can edit these fields directly with the appropriate values or you could use the button to automatically complete size and MD5 fields.
Install Command Lines
Optional command lines for launching the prerequisite under different UI environments. Each command is used by your prerequisite based on the UI level of the main package, i.e. if the main package runs with full UI the command from the "Full UI" field will be used to call the prerequisite, the same for the rest. This way you can have different command lines for each UI level.
- Full UI - command line parameters used for an installation with full user interface
- Basic UI - command line parameters used for an installation which shows only a progress bar
- Silent (no UI) - command line parameters for an installation with no user interface
This field supports Formatted type only if the prerequisite is feature-based.
The command line of a prerequisite accepts all the standard MSIEXEC parameters if the prerequisite's installation package is MSI-based.
Maintenance Command Lines
These options allow you to repair or uninstall the prerequisite when the main package is in maintenance mode.
- Repair using this command line - repairs the prerequisite when the main package is repaired during maintenance.
- Uninstall using this command line - removes the prerequisite when the main package is uninstalled.
If no command line parameters are specified after checking the maintenance options, the MSI will simply launch the prerequisite installer.
For feature-based and post-install prerequisites, on below Enterprise project types only the "Full UI" install command line can be used and the prerequisite will be installed only if the main package is run with full UI. All other command line fields will be ignored and the prerequisite will not be installed if the main package is installed with silent or basic UI.