This interface is meant to enable file registration.There are three methods for registering files, two for native libraries and one for .NET assemblies. Supported file types: .dll, .ocx, .exe,.cpl, .sys, .drv, .scr, .tlb, .olb .
String RegistrationType - Gets or sets the
registration type that will be used to register the file.
- NoRegistration - the file will not be registered.
- SelfRegisterNativeLibrary The self-registration method of registering components has many drawbacks (like not being able to roll back the changes if something fails later in the install) and it is against Microsoft guidelines.
- ExtractRegInfoNativeLibrary - all the necessary registry entries and keys are installed separately. You can see them in the Registry and COM pages. This is the preferred way to register a file.
- .NetComInterop - creates the required registry entries in order for your assembly to be operable through COM.
String SynchronizaytionType - Gets or sets the
synchronization type that will be used to collect registration
- Disable - Registration data is read from the file only once and stored if the file will change the registration.
- Enable - Registration data is read from the file when the project is opened and before build, and stored.
- Buildtime - Registration data will be read only as part of the build process; it will not be displayed in the Registry page or stored in the project.