The following article uses options that are available starting with the Professional edition and project type.
In this article, you will learn how to localize certain parts of your project. We will use the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) segment to exemplify the functionality of project segment localization.
To localize a section, you must first select your build Languages.
Enabling localization for a project segment
Advanced Installer lets you select what parts of your application you want to localize.
Localizing Package Information
Next, we will localize one of the Package Information text fields of your UWP package.
- Go to the Package Information page.
- Right-click in the “Display name” text field.
- Choose "Localization" from the contextual drop-down to open the Localization Dialog.
- In the Localization Dialog that appears, select “Always translate this string”.
- Press “OK” to allow the “Display name" text to be visible in Translations > Projects Strings.
- Go to the Translations > Project Strings to add the localization for "Display name".
You can use this process for any text fields that allow translation in your Advanced Installer project, but make sure you have enabled localization for that segment.