The following article uses options that are available starting with the Professional edition and project type.
Advanced Installer offers support for creating an EXE setup file that will download the MSI and CAB files from your web site and start installing the application with these resources. To create such an installer, you can try following these steps:
- Go to Builds page, on the Configuration Settings Tab
- Select Web Installer option from Package Type group
- After that, specify the URL for the MSI file in the “MSI's URL:“ field
This way files and the MSI as well can be stored on the web site's server. When the user runs the EXE file, the MSI will be downloaded and the installation will start. The MSI will also start downloading all the files it needs for installation.
If you wish the MSI to only download certain files, based on the feature selection made by the user, you can try the following settings:
- Go to Build page, in the Configuration tab select “One CAB archive per feature“
- Make sure the MSI and the CAB files are in the same folder on your web server at the URL specified above
Please note that this type of package can only be built if you create an EXE setup file as described above.