The following article uses options that are available starting with the Enterprise edition and project type.
This article will explain how to validate the serial number during "Wizard Dialogs Stage" only if your package is configured to use Server Side Validation .
In order to validate the serial number just once, the following steps must be taken:
- Go to Install Parameters and define the public property ACTIVATED. Set its default value to 0 (zero).
- Go to Dialog Editor Page and select the UserRegistrationDlg dialog.
- On this dialog select the button.
- Under the "Published Events" tab add a Set installer property value event.
- Select the property ACTIVATED and set its value to 1.
- Add the following condition to this event: SERIAL_VALIDATION = "TRUE"
- Set this event as the last element from the list if it is not already.
- Navigate to the Table Editor Page and select the InstallExecuteSequence table.
- Select the AI_VALID_SERIAL action and replace its condition with the following one:
(NOT Installed) AND (ProductID) AND ((UILevel <> 5) OR AI_RESUME)
Build the package and test it. The serial validation should take place only during the Wizard Dialogs Stage.